Friday 6 June 2014

Filmic Language: Storyboard

I used my personal reference footage to create a storyboard. I went through the videos and paused at certain poses that I liked and felt as though they expressed each moment of the dialogue well. I kept the design of my storyboard simple and grey scale so that it was simple to understand. I had received criticism in the past from tutors, saying my storyboards were far to detailed for this stage of the production, so with that in mind I made sure to keep it simple, bold and legible. I used red arrows to indicate a change in movement and I used small symbols such as '?' and '...' to depict confusion and shock.





Next, I will use this storyboard to create an animatic. That way I will be able to visualise how each movement and camera shot would fit within the scene and the timing of the dialogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment