Wednesday 21 May 2014

Chosen Audio Clip: Character Synopsis

I decided to first identify the clip I intend to use before creating my characters with the Morpheus Rig. I didn't want to create my characters firstly, and then fall short on the quality of the clip because I've limited myself to a specific criteria of character. I am happy with my chosen audio piece and therefore began constructing what characters I imagine would be in such a scenario.

The interviewee character has a very youthful and quirky voice, therefore I decided to create a young adult female character for her part. The interviewer character has a voice that is far more mature and authoritative and therefore I imagined her character to look older in appearance than her co-star.

The chosen clip does not make much sense to an audience on its own as it is just a small section taken from a whole scene between the two women. Therefore I thought it would be best to create my own character synopsis for the main character to imagine my own scenario and unique take on the scene. I've decided not to write a character synopsis for the interviewer character as she has limited number of lines which only act as a contrasting rebound and driving force to the big personality and comedy of the first character.

Character 2 (Interviewee)

Born into a family of wealth, Character 2 has had a rather spoon-fed life. Living glamorously from her parent's generous allowance,  she is a socialite who loves to have fun and doesn't take life too seriously. However, her mother and father have taken great care in giving her the best education to set her up for the future, knowing that some day she will have to stop relying on them and prove her own worth.

Quite the mathematician, Character 2 has a bright future ahead of her, although her lazy ways leave her at a disadvantage of becoming an independent adult and a working young woman. Her charm and cunning had kept her living comfortably thus far and safe under her father's radar, however the strain of watching their young party-girl put her knowledge and talents to no use had gone too far. In fear that she would not change her ways, her parents felt that the best thing to do was to cut her allowance and arrange a job interview for her in accounting.

Character 2 is happy the way things are, and she's not ready quite yet to leave it all behind. Reluctantly, and after much persuasion, the feisty heiress finally agreed to at least attend the interview, however she understood that this didn't mean she actually had to take the job. She is no stranger to getting what she wants and she knows that this time will not be any different. She will do anything, even sabotage the interview, so she can keep her perfect life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment